My Top 5 Tips for Travel Recovery (because Jetlag Sucks)
CAN’T WE JUST STAY ON VACATION FOREVER?? ✨ Coming back from vaca can be really HARD, and dealing with jet lag is always the WORST. As a girl who feels like she is CONSTANTLY on the move (over 20 flights last year!), here are my top five tips for getting back to reality as sanely as possible. But hey - a really long nap also won't hurt. Scroll down for my tips and a few good photos from our recent trip to Oahu! (PS thinking about framing the last one and hanging it in our bathroom - that North Shore sunset is the best!!)
1. Stop thinking about what time zone you WERE in or SHOULD be in - sleep when it’s dark and wake when it’s light. Your body’s natural circadian rhythm will do the rest! 😴 Don’t be afraid to let yourself sleep ok if you need it the next day, too. If you’re craving sleep, you probably need it!
2. HYDRATE like a crazy person. Water helps every system in your body move more happily and more efficiently - so chug chug chug! 💦
3. Move that sweet bod! Sweating, stretching and moving your muscles helps bring more fresh blood and oxygen to your tried and sore muscles. Even a little gentle yoga is GREAT before and after you get on that plane! ✈️
4. Have a PROBIOTICS PARTY in your belly! Take plenty of high-quality probiotics (my FAVE are @goodbelly) before you fly, while you travel, and after to land to help your digestion get and stay on track. 👌🏼
5. Skincare is a MUST. The plane is full of germs that get onto your skin and is it just me or do I always leave looking SUPER greasy?! The oils are real. 🙈 Bring face wipes and masks for the plane, and be sure to give yourself plenty of extra skin love after you return home. You’ve had a week of fun and your skin could probably use a good exfoliant and a whole lotta moisture. Treat yo’self and keep that visible vacation glow going long after you land!
What are your best travel recovery tips?? Share them below so we can all be better, happier travelers together!