10 small things you can do EACH morning that will lift your mood + Make You Your Most ProduCtive Self!
10 SMALL THINGS YOU CAN DO EACH MORNING THAT WILL LIFT YOUR MOOD + MAKE YOU YOUR MOST PRODUCTIVE SELF!
1. Start a Gratitude Practice! 🙏 Mine is a simple checklist in my head of the three things I am most grateful for in that VERY moment. It changes regularly and you can check in on your gratitude practice as many times a day as you like…like when you’re about to scream at the person who just cut you in traffic.
2. Make your bed - it matters! I make my bed every morning because it sets me up to be organized and productive. Plus, it’s my way of moving my brain from ‘sleepy’ time to ‘awake’ time! 😴 And who doesn’t want to get into a cozy, nicely-made bed each night?
3. MEDITATE. Seriously - just a few minutes a day helps, and there are tons of apps, blogs and podcasts designed to help! It takes practice, so keep trying - every if the first few times feel a little silly! 🙈
4. Morning Mantras! 📿 Find your phrase or empowering could words and repeat then until you EMBODY them. Whenever I’m down, I look at myself in the mirror and repeat “You’re good enough, you’re smart enough, and gosh daring - people LIKE YOU!’ and while I always end up feeling a little ridiculous and inevitably laughing at myself, it HELPS. Find your mantra and repeat it over and over and over.
5. WORKOUT! I am a HUGE believer that a good seat can cure almost anything. When in doubt, SWEAT IT OUT! Now sure where to start? Our recent Real Good Podcast episode on Fall Fitness is a great place! 🍂
6. Journal. Journal. Journal. 📖 Okay, so I actually hate journaling guys - I prefer to talk it out. But if you ARE someone who likes writing, please try it! Getting on your feels out on paper can be SO stress relieving and a great way to sort through your feelings! I’m still more of a talk it out kinda girl, and if that’s your style, just make sure you’re venting to someone who doesn’t mind listening! 🤷♀️
7. Put Down the Phone + Stop Scrolling 📱 Give yourself a time limit on your phone and set some guidelines for yourself on when you use it. Stop sleeping with it next to your bed and stop taking it into the bathroom with you. Boundaries are key!
8. Make a To-Do List! I’m an OBSESSIVE list maker, but it helps me clear my head of excess stress and focus on what NEEDS to get done that day. 👌 Cross things off as you finish and watch your stress melt away with your to-do list!
9. Message a Friend 👯♀️ Sometimes all you really need to lift your mood is a chat with a close friend. If your favorite babe is unavailable or needs a little extra love, be the best friend ever and shoot them a random “YOU ARE AMAZING AND I FRICKEN LOVE YOU” text or send a little coffee money to their venmo account. They will SO appreciate it, and you will feel great for doing it. A win / win!
10. Treat Yourself! 🍩 Get yourself a donut, matcha latte, crazy coffee drink pr whatever it is that makes your morning feel like a YES! You deserve it, you badass babe.