Interview with Travis Barker, world-famous drummer of Blink-182 & The Transplants
To those of you following us on social media, you may have seen that we had some pretty exciting news to share with you guys, and here it is. We had the privilege of doing a quick interview with the greatest drummers of our time, Travis Barker, who has converted to living a 100% vegan lifestyle. Alex and I grew up rockin' out to Blink-182 cd's & know the words to almost every song. I also harbor a pretty much life-long crush on the handsome, tatted musician. I even joke that I only feel in love with Alex because of how amazingly similar they looked- tall, thin, dark hair, super handsome...I was SOLD! (Kidding...sort of.) We were honored to have had him answer our questions & give a little insight into how he maintains a vegan life with his busy tour schedule, numerous music projects, and with two busy, growing, super-stylish kids.
1. Do you have any vegan-themed or inspired tattoos? Nope, not yet. Soon, all in due time.
**A few days after our chat, Travis got a killer tattoo to represent his hand in Crossroads Vegan Kitchen. Check it out here.
2. What’s your favorite vegan restaurant & dish to get there? My favorite restaurant is Crossroads in LA and my favorite dish is the chicken parmesan followed by their coconut sorbet with chocolate topping.
3. Any cooking tool you can’t live without in the kitchen? Coconut oil.
4. We hear you’re raising your kids vegan; what’s been the biggest challenge? Birthday parties where everybody's eating burgers and hot dogs.
5. Since you’ve gone vegan, what are some of the benefits or changes you’ve noticed in your health? I feel great after every meal and I know that no animals are getting hurt in the process. That's a win/win.
6. If you could “vegan-ize” any non-vegan food what would it be? Ice cream, but it's been already done and it's amazing.
7. What projects do you have in the works? Tons. Just finished up a song with Juicy J for the 22 Jump Street movie and starting my 2nd solo album. Also in the middle of recording the Transplants covers album. Blessed to be busy doing what I love.
8. Favorite go-to vegan snack on tour? Sliced apples and crunchy almond butter.
9. It’s Saturday morning. What can we find you doing? Riding dirt bikes with my kids, running, boxing and of course playing some drums.
10. Alright, what do you think- the Kings gonna win the cup this year? Yes, of course. What kind of question is that? Go Kings!
We agree. GO KINGS! They're up 3-1, so one more game and they take it. On that note, be sure to keep up with Travis on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and get all the latest project and tour updates on his website, TravisBarker.com. Once again, a HUGE shout-out to Travis for being awesome and down to earth and taking the time to answer our questions. We wish him all the best in with his 2nd solo album and all the other badass things he's got going on. Thanks, Travis!