2015 Holiday Wish List!
It's that time of year again! The holidays are here, and I've curated a list of some of the greatest / funnest (I know it's not a real word) / loveliest things I've seen around the internet that I would LOVE to open up on Christmas morning. Or any morning, really. If you like some of the stuff on here all you have to do is share the link with your family members and make shopping that much easier on them. Every product on this list can be purchased online, so no searching through crowded stores or waiting in long store lines - we made it pretty easy! Some of the items you might've seen before, but I'm sure there'll be something new for you to find. We tried to include a little something for everybody, but of course I'm biased and swing towards cooking utensils and ladies clothing - sorry fellas! You can also check out our gift guides from Holidays past: 2013 + 2014. Now, let's open some presents!
1. Constellations Tea Towel: This thing is super cute, would look great under serving dishes at parties, and totally reminds me of the huge night sky and vivid constellations I grew up seeing in Maine. I love it!
2. Weekends are for Waffles Crop Top: This is maybe the truest statement ever spoken. I feel like I would live in this top because it looks incredibly comfortable, and has basically my life mantra scrawled across the front. I'll take two!
3. Jet Boil Genesis Base Camp Cooking System: Okay, so technically this won't be available until mid-January, 2016, but that does't mean you can't ask your family to pre-order it for you or give you a gift card! Or you know, just wait two weeks. This cooking system is the ultimate in camp cooking. With two burners, a frying pan and a 5 liter cooking pot, you can whip up just about ANYTHING while you;re in the woods. And as a crazy camper who LOVES to eat, this just speaks to me. Alex + I will be getting one to take on plant-based adventures for sure!
4. Bow + Drape ‘Daily Poutine’ Boyfriend Sweatshirt: Again, its just SPEAKS to me! We eat a whole lot of poutine in this house and I love sparkly things. Plus, Bow + Drape does a TON of custom food-inspired designs that include a lot of emojis. Their website has something for every foodie, be sure to check it out!
5. Mint Green Paddle Cutting Board and Kitchen Utensil Set: I have an affinity for collecting cute serving dishes, and these are no exception. I love the mint green color, but the set is available in a whole bunch of colors, if green isn't really your style. They are beautiful, hand-made, and would look lovely serving up some scrumptious vegan appetizers!
6. Pineapple Tumbler: I LOVE pineapples (I have a pineapple tattoo on my right inner arm). I also love gold, shiny things and this tumbler is basically screaming my name. It would be perfect for whipping up drinks at a party or just showcasing on your tiny ikea-inspired alcohol cart.
7. Kitchen Quick Chart: I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, especially this month as I'm wrapping up recipes for my cookbook, due out Fall 2016 (yup - free plug). I can usually remember conversions and substitutions pretty nicely, but sometimes after 4 hours of testing recipes and a huge kitchen mess, I couldn't even tell you the last ingredient I tossed in the bowl. Having this hanging in the corner of my kitchen would be a lifesaver!
8. Soludos Jason Polan Smoking Slipper, Pizza: Look, at this point you know I have a very friendly relationship with food, but if you know me reallllllly well, you also know I LOVE a good pizza. And these shoes just seem to get it! I love Soludos brand anyway, 'cause they make really great, beach-friendly shoes, and their artsy collab with Jason Polan just took them to the next level. I'll take a size 9!
9. La Vie Boheme White Mandala Yoga Travel Rug: I'm the kind of girl that drags my yoga mat all over the country when I travel, 'cause for some reason I feel like I need it. Yoga mats are kind of personal, you know? You've sweat all over them, they've seen you at your worst, but they never last as long as you'd think. That's why I love this alternative! Its a rug versus a plastic-y mat, so its more flexible (better for packing) and is washable, as opposed to just wiping the top layer of grime off my mat. Oh, and its GORGEOUS!
10. Non-Stick Mini Donut Pan: Because as much as I love donuts, there's just something about a MINI-donut that is fricken adorable. And I can stuff more mini-donuts into my mouth than normal ones. #noshame (also, see number 12)
11. Seafood Green Pottery Citrus Juicer: It's tiny, it's cute, it's hand-made, and it's my favorite color. I'll take it!
12. Donut Ornaments (4): 'Cause they're the cutest? Hopefully I get these BEFORE Christmas so I can hang them on the tree, but if not, I'll just keep the tree up until New Year's (like that wasn't happening anyway) so I can enjoy them a bit longer!
13. Carved Heart Enamel Personalized Popcorn Bowl: I just fell in love with this when I saw it. I love all things enamel and the personalization on this bowl adds the sweetest touch. And sure it says 'popcorn bowl', but I'm betting you could put fruit, salad, chips - just about anything in it you like.
14. Magical Thinking Henna Letter: Alex and Amber both start with the letter 'A', so over the past six years of dating we've gathered a handful of letter 'A's from various shopping trips and travel excursions that we have hanging around our place. We have some made of plastic, some of metal, and even a wooden one, but I love the designs on this one and that it's hangable. (More letters are available on the site!)
15. Hi-Filter Teapot in Deep Green: Do I need another teapot? Probably not. But I LOVE this one! It's got a stainless steel strainer inside so it's great for brewing loose leaf tea, and a no-drip spout for clumsy mummy's like myself! Plus, it's in my very favorite shade of my very favorite color, so I'm sold.
Thanks for reading through our gift wish list! We hope it gave you inspiration for gifts to give and maybe even to receive this year. If you're still looking, definitely check out our gift guides from 2013 + 2014.Hope you have the happiest Holidays!