2017 GOOD SAINT Holiday Gift Guide
The Holidays are here again and that means it's time for our yearly Holiday Gift Guide! This year I've compiled a list of gifts that I would LOVE to open up on Christmas morning - or any morning, let's be honest! Like some of the stuff you see here? All you have to do is share the link with your family members and make shopping that much easier on them. Every product on this list can be purchased online and can be shipped by Christmas (if that's your Holiday of choice!) so no searching through crowded stores or waiting in long store lines. I also included discount codes for you guys when I could - because who doesn't love a good deal?! I'm a real believer in all the things on this list and have tried every single one myself. If you're interested, you can also check out our gift guides from Holidays past: 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016, or head over to our SHOP for signed cookbook copies. Let's open some presents!
1. Canopy Verde Greenpoint Vegan Convertible Backpack
THIS BAG. You guys - I've been wanting a backpack-style bag for so long now. The 90s are back and so are those adorable black leather bags! Lucky for all of us, my fave bag brand Canopy Verde has released their Greenpoint Vegan Convertible Backpack just in time for the Holidays and its is THE CUTEST. I'm totally obsessed! It's got all the functionality and comfort of a backpack, with the cute faux leather straps and roomy interior - but has the option of converting into an easy-carry, oversize tote for work or play. I never take it off! I love that I can easily switch from a shoulder bag to an easy carry side tote without having to change anything. And the navy + black style goes with almost everything I wear! Their most popular bag style, it is available in navy, olive, indigo, and stone. And because it's the Holiday season, you can get 10% OFF your order with code: AMBER10. PLUS, when you spend $175, you'll get their chic Carroll Cutch free! The Carroll clutch is a classic foldover clutch made with organic cotton and vegan leather. Makes a great gift - or keep it for yourself! SHOP NOW
2. Cards Against Humanity - The Period Pack
If you haven't played Cards Against Humanity yet, I'll assume you've been living under a rock. It's the most fun, most outrageous and unfiltered game of word and sentence association and it is amazing. I've played with everyone from close friends to my mother-in-law and it's always a good time. These cards are uncensored in the best way - and the Period Pack is no exception. Full of feminine wordplay and menstrual persiflage, this pack will bring hormonal tears of joy to your favorite lady - and it even comes with a wrapped, heart-shaped chocolate, just in case you need it. I thoroughly enjoyed the cleverness of both the cards and the packaging. It's been a rough year for ladies and vaginas in general - but this was a high note in an otherwise crummy year full of pussy jokes. SHOP NOW
3. LL Bean Sweater Fleece Pullover Hoodie
Okay - I already own this. In full disclosure, my sister bought me this for Christmas this year and I ripped into early and have been loving it and keeping cozy ever since! It's the perfect amount of soft & comfortable and makes layering a breeze. I'm a Mainer and have been wearing LL Bean for years - so I can attest to the high quality and incredible return policy. As someone who officially owns three different versions of this fleece, I think the addition of the hood is the best! It keeps your ears nice and toasty, and these new color combos they've come out with are so cute! I'm loving the orange - and this fleece totally matches my snow boots! SHOP NOW
4. LEVO Oil Machine
When I first heard about the LEVO Oil machine I was totally intrigued; a machine that allowed you to create any custom infused oil, at home, with all the conveniences of a countertop coffee pod maker - but easier, cleaner, and sleeker than any other model on the market. Maybe you're wondering, "What kind of infusions could I possibly make?" And friends - the list is so, so long. As a yoga instructor I see value in this machine beyond food infusions, as a tool to help me create my own custom massage oils for practice and teaching. As someone with a love for cooking, I see unlimited infusion possibilities. Everything from garlic-infused olive oil and vanilla-infused vodka to cannabis-infused coconut oil and cinnamon-infused maple syrup. If you can cook with it, you can infuse it! The machine uses controlled heat and time are used to transfer the flavor, scent, color, and nutrients from a variety of ingredients into the carrier of your choice. And it's now sold in 4 colors - but I am LIVING for that rose gold! Use code GOODSAINT to get $10 OFF your LEVO infuser! SHOP NOW
5. The Reversible Mat 3mm from Lululemon
I'm just obsessed with this mat. I've been using it for at least 6 months now and its my go-to for my everyday yoga practice. They make a slightly more cushioned 5mm version, but I've found this one being slightly smaller makes it perfect for all the traveling I do! It comes in a range of colors (I have one in Emerald Green from last season) and because it's two sided and reversible, is perfect for everything from sweaty hot yoga to a relaxing restore class. I rarely use the extra grippy side because the regular side - made with a polyurethane top layer that absorbs moisture - tends to be grippy enough, but I love the option in my sweatier, slipperier classes! Whenever I need another mat, I'd buy this one again for sure! SHOP NOW
6. Homestyle Vegan Cookbook
I'm not one to push a lot of stuff on you guys, but if you don't already own it and you're looking for a great Holiday gift, my cookbook can still make it to you in time! It's stuffed with 80 original, cozy, comforting dishes - each with a full-page color photo - that'll remind you of what Mama used to make...only healthier! Plus, it's 34% OFF on Amazon right now! SHOP NOW
7. Hydroflask - 40 oz with Straw Lid
We love our Hydroflask bottles and snack containers for iced and hot drinks and for taking warm breakfasts or lunches on the go. We each have a 32 oz bottle with a wide mouth lid, plus a 12 oz and 16 oz snack container and we are literally constantly using them. Now that I'm teaching yoga, having a larger amount of water and an easier way to grab a quick sip would be helpful, so I'm hoping Santa sneaks one of these babies under my tree - I love it in white! SHOP NOW
8. Native AP Mercury Lightknit Shoes
I've worn my current pair of Native sneakers almost to death. They're the most comfortable shoes I own! I bought them just before our Honeymoon to Europe and ended up walking at least 20 miles a day in them. I never got blisters and the materials are so incredibly light and breathable that you can wear them with or without socks. The I can't wait to order my next pair and love the look of these mercury lightknits! They're clean, sporty, and I'm sure just as crazy comfortable. Plus, they're vegan! SHOP NOW
9. Square Organics Protein Popcorn
I think Square Organics is making some of the best, most innovative, plant-based protein-packed snacks out there right now. They already have an 8-flavor line of SUPER yummy protein bars, and this year they released a line of cashew crisp bars that are like a healthy rice krispies. They're SO yummy! On top of that, they also dropped a line of protein popcorn this year. Let that sink in - snacking on popcorn AND getting a healthy serving of plant-based protein? HECK YES! It comes in three flavors - sweet, spicy, and salty and while I'm a sucker for plain salted, I think the spicy is a gift from the gods. You can use code GOODSAINT to get 20% OFF + FREE SHIPPING on their website! SHOP NOW
10. Healthade Holiday Cheers Kombucha
If you follow me on IG, you know I'm always preaching about probiotics! If you love someone, give them the gift of happy belly bacteria! I know it sounds weird, but I promise - they'll thank you. Plus, it tastes great! Healthade is an incredible company that still brews small batch kombucha in glass jars right here in LA. I love that they're committed to keeping it real and keeping their flavors creative - like this warm, cozy Holiday Cheers flavor! Stay tuned and give us a follow on IG - we're hosting a giveaway with them next week! In the meantime, find your favorite flavor and order a 6-pack on their website! SHOP NOW
11. CorePower Yoga Gift Card
You guys know that I LOVE Corepower Yoga! I got certified in both 200-hr Power Yoga and Yoga Sculpt this year and have nothing but positive things to say about my experiences. I'm made tons of friends and learned an incredible amount - my practice has gotten so much stronger. I still take class ay my home studio at least 4 days a week! They're having an great sale right now, so if you've been thinking about checking out a class - or just want to stock up on some new yoga gear - grab yourself a gift card! Right now, you can get a $100 gift card for just $80. That's a steal! SHOP NOW
2015 Holiday Wish List!
It's that time of year again! The holidays are here, and I've curated a list of some of the greatest / funnest (I know it's not a real word) / loveliest things I've seen around the internet that I would LOVE to open up on Christmas morning. Or any morning, really. If you like some of the stuff on here all you have to do is share the link with your family members and make shopping that much easier on them. Every product on this list can be purchased online, so no searching through crowded stores or waiting in long store lines - we made it pretty easy! Some of the items you might've seen before, but I'm sure there'll be something new for you to find. We tried to include a little something for everybody, but of course I'm biased and swing towards cooking utensils and ladies clothing - sorry fellas! You can also check out our gift guides from Holidays past: 2013 + 2014. Now, let's open some presents!
1. Constellations Tea Towel: This thing is super cute, would look great under serving dishes at parties, and totally reminds me of the huge night sky and vivid constellations I grew up seeing in Maine. I love it!
2. Weekends are for Waffles Crop Top: This is maybe the truest statement ever spoken. I feel like I would live in this top because it looks incredibly comfortable, and has basically my life mantra scrawled across the front. I'll take two!
3. Jet Boil Genesis Base Camp Cooking System: Okay, so technically this won't be available until mid-January, 2016, but that does't mean you can't ask your family to pre-order it for you or give you a gift card! Or you know, just wait two weeks. This cooking system is the ultimate in camp cooking. With two burners, a frying pan and a 5 liter cooking pot, you can whip up just about ANYTHING while you;re in the woods. And as a crazy camper who LOVES to eat, this just speaks to me. Alex + I will be getting one to take on plant-based adventures for sure!
4. Bow + Drape ‘Daily Poutine’ Boyfriend Sweatshirt: Again, its just SPEAKS to me! We eat a whole lot of poutine in this house and I love sparkly things. Plus, Bow + Drape does a TON of custom food-inspired designs that include a lot of emojis. Their website has something for every foodie, be sure to check it out!
5. Mint Green Paddle Cutting Board and Kitchen Utensil Set: I have an affinity for collecting cute serving dishes, and these are no exception. I love the mint green color, but the set is available in a whole bunch of colors, if green isn't really your style. They are beautiful, hand-made, and would look lovely serving up some scrumptious vegan appetizers!
6. Pineapple Tumbler: I LOVE pineapples (I have a pineapple tattoo on my right inner arm). I also love gold, shiny things and this tumbler is basically screaming my name. It would be perfect for whipping up drinks at a party or just showcasing on your tiny ikea-inspired alcohol cart.
7. Kitchen Quick Chart: I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, especially this month as I'm wrapping up recipes for my cookbook, due out Fall 2016 (yup - free plug). I can usually remember conversions and substitutions pretty nicely, but sometimes after 4 hours of testing recipes and a huge kitchen mess, I couldn't even tell you the last ingredient I tossed in the bowl. Having this hanging in the corner of my kitchen would be a lifesaver!
8. Soludos Jason Polan Smoking Slipper, Pizza: Look, at this point you know I have a very friendly relationship with food, but if you know me reallllllly well, you also know I LOVE a good pizza. And these shoes just seem to get it! I love Soludos brand anyway, 'cause they make really great, beach-friendly shoes, and their artsy collab with Jason Polan just took them to the next level. I'll take a size 9!
9. La Vie Boheme White Mandala Yoga Travel Rug: I'm the kind of girl that drags my yoga mat all over the country when I travel, 'cause for some reason I feel like I need it. Yoga mats are kind of personal, you know? You've sweat all over them, they've seen you at your worst, but they never last as long as you'd think. That's why I love this alternative! Its a rug versus a plastic-y mat, so its more flexible (better for packing) and is washable, as opposed to just wiping the top layer of grime off my mat. Oh, and its GORGEOUS!
10. Non-Stick Mini Donut Pan: Because as much as I love donuts, there's just something about a MINI-donut that is fricken adorable. And I can stuff more mini-donuts into my mouth than normal ones. #noshame (also, see number 12)
11. Seafood Green Pottery Citrus Juicer: It's tiny, it's cute, it's hand-made, and it's my favorite color. I'll take it!
12. Donut Ornaments (4): 'Cause they're the cutest? Hopefully I get these BEFORE Christmas so I can hang them on the tree, but if not, I'll just keep the tree up until New Year's (like that wasn't happening anyway) so I can enjoy them a bit longer!
13. Carved Heart Enamel Personalized Popcorn Bowl: I just fell in love with this when I saw it. I love all things enamel and the personalization on this bowl adds the sweetest touch. And sure it says 'popcorn bowl', but I'm betting you could put fruit, salad, chips - just about anything in it you like.
14. Magical Thinking Henna Letter: Alex and Amber both start with the letter 'A', so over the past six years of dating we've gathered a handful of letter 'A's from various shopping trips and travel excursions that we have hanging around our place. We have some made of plastic, some of metal, and even a wooden one, but I love the designs on this one and that it's hangable. (More letters are available on the site!)
15. Hi-Filter Teapot in Deep Green: Do I need another teapot? Probably not. But I LOVE this one! It's got a stainless steel strainer inside so it's great for brewing loose leaf tea, and a no-drip spout for clumsy mummy's like myself! Plus, it's in my very favorite shade of my very favorite color, so I'm sold.
Thanks for reading through our gift wish list! We hope it gave you inspiration for gifts to give and maybe even to receive this year. If you're still looking, definitely check out our gift guides from 2013 + 2014.Hope you have the happiest Holidays!